My Robot Store

My Robot Store
This is my robot store! Click on picture above for more information

Thursday, February 28, 2013

This video is a great example of the power of open hardware and software!

In the last 3 years the open source movement has done more to promote 3d printing to the masses then 3d systems did in 30 years. Just watch the video below to see how little they have done in the last 30 years!

If you did not know that the video was form January 1989 you would have thought it was from today! I know the hair is a great give away.:)

It just shows to me the power of open source and how people working together promotes and advances a technology more then when people and companies work to stop each other from improving or advancing a technology!

A great example is 3d systems suing Formlabs over patient infringement. Will 3d systems ever learn? It looks like a no based on the video.


No comments:

Post a Comment