My Robot Store

My Robot Store
This is my robot store! Click on picture above for more information

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Makerbot going closed sourced?

It looks so.

There are a lot of unhappy people in the make and open software / hardware community!

The two best examples are Josef Prusa.

Open Letter to Bre Pettis.

Hi Bre,

we know each other for some time. I want to ask you about the Replicator 2, and if it’s closed source? If so, then why? I would also love to shoot an interview with you for my RepRap interviews show on youtube, I promise I will be neutral. But you have to explain weird behavior 

I wrote about in the linked article.

Jo Prusa, RepRap core dev.

Link to his blog post.  

Prusa has also pulled all of his objects off of Thingiverse! Link to his post on thingiverse.

Then there is Rob Giseburt who posted this to the Make blog.

Is One of Our Open Source Heroes Going Closed Closed Source?

Now there seems to be a change of the license options on Thingiverse. This lead to occupy thingiverse? Link to what happen.

I am hoping that all of this well be cleared up at the World Maker Faire and Open hardware and software Summit next week.

I will close with of video of Bre talking about the power of Open Hardware and Software.






No comments:

Post a Comment