My Robot Store

My Robot Store
This is my robot store! Click on picture above for more information

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

First Imperssions about the DIY 3-d printer movement at the World Maker Faire 2012.

I saw lots of cool printers this weekend!

It is going to take me a while to digest all that I saw and heard.

But here are my first impressions.

The Replicator 2 is a step backwards from the Replicator 1.

The Ultimaker maybe the new star of the open hardware and software community.

Most of the new printers looked like they where still in the Beta stage of development.

I am going to stick with my favorite three: Thing, UP! and Replicator 1 for now.

Prusa's I3 is the printer that I am must interested in for the future. It looked like it had huge upside.


I also wanted to start printing my robot brackets in polycarbonate to see if the PC brackets are stronger than ABS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment