My Robot Store

My Robot Store
This is my robot store! Click on picture above for more information

Friday, January 25, 2013

Using Canola Oil when 3d printing with your Makerbot Replicator 2?




Yes you read that right! There is a very active discussion thread going on in the Makebot google groups about this very subject.

Link to discussion.

The claim is that you add a small amount of Canola Oil to the end of your PLA filament before you feed it into the printer and print out your object. Many people are trying this and posting to the discussion about how this greatly improves the print quality of the Replicator 2.
I wonder about how many people who have tried this and what success they have had? I am also very curious if this will work with other printers beside the Replicator 2 and PLA printing.

No comments:

Post a Comment