Where is the Disruption Institute you may ask.
Link to map.
Link to website.
Introduction to Robotics using the Robotis-Mini and Robotis PLAY-600 Pets kits. (02/06/2016)
This will be a 3 hour beginner’s class on how to build, program and operate robots using the ROBOTIS-MINI and PLAY-600 platform. The first 2 hours will be an introduction to robots using the PLAY-600 Pets kit. This kit is for ages 5 and up. The hour after the lunch break will be an intro to humanoid robots using the ROBOTIS-MINI. This kit is designed for ages 12 and up.
Outline of the class:
Brief History of Robotics
1. Japanese Tea Robots
2. Leonardo Da Vinci humanoid robot
3. Metropolis (1927)
4. Asimo by Honda.
5. DARPA Robotics Challenge.
What is a Robot?
1. A machine capable of carrying out a complex series of actions automatically, especially one programmable by a computer.
2. What is your definition?
Intro to the Robotis Play robot kit.
1. Go through the building basics.
2. Show how to use the build app
3. One hour or more of build time with the kit
Intro to the ROBOTIS MINI.
1. Into to RoboPlus 2.0
2. Building basics of the robot.
3. Demo the robot for the class.
Guest Speakers who work in the Robotics Field.
Question and Answers?
Where to get the software:
R+ Motion 2.0
Also you can download brackets and frames for the robots if you want to do some 3d printing.
Control Software for the robots can be downloaded at Google Play and the Apple App Store. Just search for Robotis.
I will also have 3 Play 600 and 1 ROBOTIS-MINI kits for kids to use during the class.
You can also buy the robots here: