My Robot Store

My Robot Store
This is my robot store! Click on picture above for more information

Monday, September 4, 2017

Adafruit VL53L0X Micro-LIDAR Distance Sensor Accuracy Test

Looks like I have found a cheap, easy to use and accurate distance sensor for all of my robot projects! I bought the board at Adafruit. Where to buy.

Adafruit tutorial on how to setup and program the VL53L0X.


Wiring setup.



Below is my testing setup with my measuring stick.


I used a Arduino Leonardo to control the LIDAR board. 



I connected the board using jumper cables and a breadboard. 


Pin connections to the the Leonardo. 



Below is the code I used for the test. Download code and library here.

//You need to download this library from the Adafruit website. 

#include "Adafruit_VL53L0X.h"

Adafruit_VL53L0X lox = Adafruit_VL53L0X();

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(115200);

  // wait until serial port opens for native USB devices
  while (! Serial) {
    delay(1);
  }

  Serial.println("Adafruit VL53L0X test");
  if (!lox.begin()) {
    Serial.println(F("Failed to boot VL53L0X"));
    while(1);
  }
  // power
  Serial.println(F("VL53L0X API Simple Ranging example\n\n"));
}


void loop() {
  VL53L0X_RangingMeasurementData_t measure;
 
  Serial.print("Reading a measurement... ");
  lox.rangingTest(&measure, false); // pass in 'true' to get debug data printout!

  if (measure.RangeStatus != 4) {  // phase failures have incorrect data
    Serial.print("Distance (mm): "); Serial.println(measure.RangeMilliMeter);
  } else {
    Serial.println(" out of range ");
  }
 
  delay(100);
}






No comments:

Post a Comment