My Robot Store

My Robot Store
This is my robot store! Click on picture above for more information

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Test print of DARwIn-OP leg parts in Alumide.

I just ordered 6 new leg brackets for Robby, that are printed in Alumide.

I ordered them from I.Materialise. My hope is that the parts will have the same strength as polyamide but they will be more rigid then polyamide brackets.

"Alumide models are constructed from a blend of gray aluminum powder and polyamide, a very fine granular powder. Alumide is a strong, somewhat rigid material that can take small impacts and resist some pressure while being bent. The surface has a sandy, granular look and is slightly porous."


Laser Sintering from i.materialise on Vimeo.


Material Overview. 





No comments:

Post a Comment