The DRC trial is in 13 days at the Homestead Florida race track.
Dr. Hong ( Principal Investigator ) just posted an update on THOR and his little brother THOR-OP.
Team THOR DRC website.
Team THOR's humanoid robot platforms for the DARPA Robotics Challenge (DRC)!
Team THOR (Tactical Hazardous Operations Robot) is proud to be a Track A entry in the DRC. The DRC is a disaster response challenge which will push the limits of the field of robotics.
The platform to participate in the DARPA Robotics Challenge Trials in December 2013!
- Height: 1.47m, Weight: 49kg, Wingspan: 1.95m
- Modular actuators for easy repair and maintenance
- Based on reliable ZMP based walking algorithms
- Light-weight, robust, easy to handle research platform
The platform to participate in the DARPA Robotics Challenge Finals in December 2014!
- Height: 1.78m, Weight: 65kg, Wingspan: 2.08m
- Novel “Series Elastic Linear Actuators” provide incredible force over super-human range of motion
- Electromechanical design, capable of extended untethered operations
- Custom momentum based locomotion control for all terrain capabilities with two feet
- Robust perception system to support supervised autonomy
RoMeLa (Virginia Tech) + Harris Corporation + GRASP Lab (University of Pennsylvania) + ROBOTIS"