My Robot Store

My Robot Store
This is my robot store! Click on picture above for more information

Saturday, August 30, 2014

iOn™ High-Performance ABS/Nylon and My First Robot Bracket Printed with it.

I just got a spool of Red ABS/Nylon and Printed out my first robot bracket. The characteristics of the filament are almost a perfect match for the filament sold for my UP Plus printer So I had to make no changes to my printer setup or settings to use it. My Elmer's Disappearing Purple glue stick trick is also still working like a charm!

Extruder: 245-260°C (Ideal layer bonding at 250-260°C)

Bed Temp: 105-110°C

"iOn™ ABS/PA Alloy was created to bring practical functionality to the 3D Printing experience.

iOn™ is a true alloy of ABS and Nylon (PA) that utilizes propriety compatibilizer technology to leverage the strengths of both polymers into one exceptional 3D Printing filament."

'Suitable for use on Makerbot Replicator, Ultimaker, Prinrbot, Reprap, Mendel, Prusa, Up! Printers, Solidoodle as well as any printer that has a heated bed."

Click here for more information and where to buy it.

In the pictures below the red bracket is the one printed in ABS/Nylon. The other bracket is printed in regular ABS. As you can see I got great results for my first print! During printing the smell has not as bad as regular ABS too. All and all I am very happy with the results.
















No comments:

Post a Comment