My Robot Store

My Robot Store
This is my robot store! Click on picture above for more information

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

3D Systems Announces Filing of Patent Infringement Suit Against Formlabs and Kickstarter

These is not good! Sounds like 3d systems is becoming a bully? They can not sell a good printer so they are suing anyone who can? I think they also just turned the DIY community against them. Plus they are taking on a very high profile kickstarter project and suing kickstarter themselfs. Sounds like 3D systems is try to stifle start-ups? 

This has not been a good last few months for the DIY, open hardware and software community. First Makerbot going closed and now this. Is this just the first in many lawsuits for patent infringement in the 3d printing field? We have seen it in many other technology fields sadly.

Does this spell the end of the open hardware and software development of 3d printing? Could this also be the being of the end for the personal fabrication movement? I know I will be watching closely for more developments in this area.

3D Systems Announces Filing of Patent Infringement Suit Against Formlabs and Kickstarter

No comments:

Post a Comment